Turkey is located in a unique geograpgy streching between Eastern Europe, Middle East, and Africa. Historicaly for thousans of years it has been a home to more civilization than any other country in the world. A apart from 30 milion tourists every year attracted from whole Europe, Middle East and Russian speaking northen countries , enjoying a common culture and heritage with most of the surrounding countries in the region Turkey is now an emerging medical destination for those who seek a world class medical treatment with affordable costs. The country has in recent years achieved a considerable progress in medicine and drasticaly invested in at high standard medical facilities equipped with state of the art technology. Thanks to private investors encouraged by positive investment climate , highly qualified physcians, medical staff and easy accessibility of the country. Today Turkey boasts having 45 world class JCI accredited medical facilities, ranking 2. in the world in terms of number of hospitals possesing this prestigious accrediton.
When it comes to tourism in Turkey , Antalya occupies an important place, due to the fact that the city attracts itself 10 million tourists every year from various countries. The city having a top airport –awarded best airport in Europe in its catagory in 2012- is easily accessible from most of the major cities in whole region within 4 hours. Being a favorable tourism destination for recreational and leisure purpose , Antalya is now becoming a center of medical tourism attracting many of those from various countries who seek high quality medical treatment. 2 JCI accredited top hospitals and an other one underway to obtain it , Antalya welcomes international patients from whole surrounding regions. Antalya hospitals have recently succeeded remarkable achievements in medicine even marking Antalya as a medical center of Turkey.
Achievements of Antalya in Medicine.
- One of our best equipped hospitals in Antalya offers with top medical team a superior cancer treatment using latest treatment technics.
- An other JCI accredited hospital in Antalya ranks first in 2012 in the world in terms of number of organ transplatation performed.
- A double arms transplantation was succesfuly performed in in Antalya, Sep,2010.
- The world’s first uterus transplantation from a cadaver was performed in Antalya Aug, 2011.
- Turkey’s first face transplatation was performed in Antalya Jan 2012.
- An Antalya vitro fertilization clinic this year proudly celebrates of having 5.000 th baby born thru IVF.